Ceramic Coating Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ)
What is Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic Coating is the most advanced and durable thermal barrier on the market. Available in a variety of colours, ceramic coatings give your project a personalized touch that will make your project superior in both appearance and performance vs. the competition. From the corrosion and debris protection to reductions in the radiant heat of up to 50% in some cases, in more practical terms it will be up to 30-35 %, the ceramic coating will improve your engine’s horsepower and torque while extending component life by reducing temperature fatigue in critical components.
What are the benefits of Ceramic Coating?
This list provides a simple outline that explains how the ceramic coating process can help your parts perform better and last longer all while maintaining a showroom finish.
- Improves thermal efficiency of the engine system
- Reduces radiated heat levels on all exhaust components, especially effective on tubular performance headers and exhaust manifolds
- Maintains uniform temperature throughout the exhaust system
- “Trapped” heat improves exhaust gas velocity, effectively “scavenging” each cylinder and increasing horsepower and torque
- Keeps the engine compartment cooler
- Extends header life
- Lower temperatures extend the life of neighbouring components
- Improves thermal oxidation protection at higher temperatures
- Reduces parasitic drag losses
- Provides a custom appearance with flat, satin, finishes
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Ceramic coating provides protection against rust and corrosion
- Available in a variety of colours and finishes to fit any project
- Mil-Spec rated material and approved QPL colours
- Ceramic coating for firearm application
What can I use the ceramic coating on?
- Exhaust Pipes
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Engine Blocks
- Exterior flues.
- Note. this product is not food rated and should not be used on hot plates or where it comes in contact with foodstuffs.
- Ceramic clear coats can be applied to.
- All of the above (subject to the temperature rating.
Motorcycle frame finished in one of our special powder coat finishes.One of the many special effect powder coats we keep in stock.Looking to stand out from the crowd then give us a call.
I sent the heat shields from my Harley Davidson Sportster to Maldon Shotblasting and Powder Coating as I wasn't happy with the original painted finish. Maldon prepped the heat shields and coated them with matt black Cerakote. The heat shields now look brilliant, and...
Wow my SWM bits are famous!. Andy Baker
These guys have powder coated 3 bike frames and various parts for myself. They have a large collection of colors always an excellent standard and a fast turnover. Thank you maldon powder coatings!!
Please get in touch
Our Opening Times:
Monday to Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 12.00pm
Closed Bank Holiday weekends
Tel: 01621 841100
Fax: 01621 842233
Unit 2a, Benbridge Industrial Estate,
Heybridge, Maldon, Essex,