MALDON SHOT BLASTING & POWDER COATING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MALDON SHOT BLASTING & POWDER COATING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply Maldon Shot Blasting will be MSB within this document.
• Vehicles are parked at owners own risk Personal possessions are left at owners own risk
• Unless escorted by a member of staff no members of the public or sales representative will be allowed to enter any part of the MSB works premises, if you enter without permission it will be at your own risk. The showroom is the only part of the building members of the public or visitors are permitted.
• Goods are left at owners or agents risk, damage and or theft will not be covered by MSB..
• All prices quoted are subject to addition of VAT at the ruling rate.
• MSB is V.A.T. registered. Work will not be undertaken on a cash basis, all work will be issued with a vat invoice. Vat will be charged at the set rate.
• MSB reserve the right to refuse work.
• MSB reserve the right to remove clients using reasonable force if required from the building who in our opinion act in an unbefitting or threatening manner.
• Notwithstanding that an order/job has been placed/received Maldon Shot Blasting reserves the right to pass onto the purchaser/customer as an addition to the agreed price to be invoiced and paid in the same way any increase of materials or parts bought in by Maldon Shot Blasting for use in connection with the order/job which comes into effect after the date of acceptance of the order
• Extra work may be required to complete the job to a satisfactory finish. MSB will normally with permission of the client carry out such work; in the case where the client cannot be contacted then MSB reserve the right to carry out such further work and the client will be charged to complete the said work to a good standard.
• Blast cleaning items will be at the risk of the client and MSB, although every care is we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage during this process. In some cases where the item or items are not suitable for blasting and /or parts that may be damaged that have not been removed by the client before work commences a verbal warning of the possible risks and general damage will be given and sign the job sheet or verbally agree to the work being carried out. This is totally at the client’s risk. Shot blasting is an aggressive procedure. All parts not to be shot blasted should be removed by the client.
• In the case of Aqua, bead or shot blasting any parts. This also will be carried out at the client’s risk. Once the process has been completed, the client should satisfy their self that all residue grit/media used within the process has been removed before re-assembly of any parts blasted.
• Unless otherwise stated transport delivery, delivery insurance and other further costs where applicable shall be charged at extra.
• All payments not received when payable will be considered overdue and remain payable by the customer together with the interest for late payment at 2% per month until payment.
• Goods not collected or paid for after a period of six months and one day shall be offered for sale to a third party to recover any losses suffered by MSB. Property of goods will not pass to the customer until the goods have been paid for in full together with any money and interest due
• The schedule despatch time is an estimate only and actual despatch may be earlier or later according to factors outside our control.
• Risk for loss or damage to goods passes to the customer at the time of despatch/hand over.
• Upon collection, we ask the client to check the goods and to make sure it is to their satisfaction. If the goods are not checked before leaving our premises then any fault found arising from transport or careless handling will not be rectified by M.S.B. Damage can be repaired at the clients cost. Warranties/guarantees are non-transferable on sale of said items. Unless first agreed with MSB.
• On any claim, a sales invoice for said goods must be produced at the time of claim.
• In cases when it is agreed that Maldon Shot Blasting will arrange transport and/or delivery and/or insurance of the goods from despatch nominated by the customer, it shall be deemed to do so as the customers or agent and subject to its fulfilling its agency obligations shall have no liability towards the customer, in respect of such transport and insurance
In a case of disagreement Maldon Shot Blasting will make every effort to correct any mistakes and insure that the client has been satisfied, however should no agreement be reached then we may agree to third party intervention.
• It shall be the customer’s responsibility to check goods upon collection / delivery and to notify Maldon Shot Blasting within 48 hours of collection/delivery of any apparent defect or short delivery.
• The customer shall keep the goods involved in the same state and place (subject to reasonable steps to protect them from harm) as at the time of the defect or short delivery was discovered until Maldon Shot Blasting have made an inspection (which it will do so as soon as reasonably possible) or waive its right of inspection.
• Maldon Shot Blasting reserves the right to make despatches in instalments and the agreement constituted by the order shall be severable as to any such instalment. Delay in despatch or other default in any instalment shall not relieve the customer of his obligation to accept and pay for the balance of the order
• We make a visual check Maldon Shot Blasting cannot be held responsible for any failure of your frame or any other parts.
• Marine work shall only be covered by any guarantees provided the parts or vessels are maintained and cleaned every 2 weeks, any damage to coated parts will render any warranty null & void. Marine work will only carry up to twelve months warranty unless otherwise agreed at the time of order/purchase.
• We recommend that all oil seals, bearings, rubber bushes, plastic, or any other part not suitable for powder coating to remove prior to dropping off work. MSB is not responsible for any damage to the above parts; we also reserve the right to make extra charges to the client for removal of the above parts. MSB does not refit any mechanical parts.
• Oil, grease, petrol or any other liquid not removed at the time of dropping off and needs to be removed a charge will be made for removal and disposal.
• The client should make a list & where possible take photographs of their parts before delivery of goods. Any special instructions to be clear and in written form, we cannot accept verbal instructions.
• By entering to a contract with MSB you automatically agree with the terms and conditions set out in this document. This document is freely available at our premises.
Guarantee / warranties
• MSB offers a five year Guarantee / warranty. This is subject to the following conditions/ and or a ten year if the option is taken at the time of order placement.
• 1. All parts must cleaned at least once every four weeks by using suitable cleaning materials, soft non abrasive non silicon cleaners must be used. Using any other cleaners will render warranties null & void.
• The product/ items will be cleaned and polished with a good quality non-abrasive polishes as above
• Parts regularly kept within 2 miles of any sea-coast of estuary will not be covered for no more than a period of 12 months.
• Parts that need repair under our warranty must be striped down to component parts, Dismantling / cost of removal of parts is not covered by our warranty.. Cost of refitting will not covered by our warranties .
• Damage by stone chips or impact of any kind is not covered.
• Third party repair work by any unapproved contractor will null and void all agreements.
• Parts that cannot be reached by our process will not be covered, suitable measures should be carried out by the client to cover/ protect parts by using,. Wax oil of similar product should be employed.
• The use of chemicals or cleaners containing chemicals that damage paintwork will void any Guarantee / warranty.
• MSB reserve the right to allow an expert third party to inspect the goods and will stand by the decision made by the third party
• Client’s instructions will be recorded and noted on work sheets. Any change to any part of the work requested once started may lead to extra charges.
• This document does not affect your statuary rights.
• Every care will be taken with clients products and MSB will endeavour to carry out work to the client’s satisfaction.
• Reckless use/ lack of maintenance/ cleaning of refurbished work will null & void any agreements made with Maldon Shot Blasting and the client or agent, the product must be for its original purpose.
• Refurbished parts must be used for the intended original use.
Although every care is taken and adequate, security is in place MSB states that customer goods left on premises will be at owner’s risk.
Regarding alloy parts to be powder coated.
• Please note, in some cases alloy parts that show signs of corrosion can lead to problems as follows.
• All corrosion must be removed by blast cleaning this will normally leave pitting where the corrosion has eaten into the sub-straight.
• Powder coating alone may not deal effectively with the scaring, although it will give a very good and long lasting protection.
• If you the client require an “as new” finish, further work will be required and should be stated at the time of order.
• Another option is to carry out two-pack work; however, this will be expensive due to the cost of labour and materials.
• Please also note that these problems are not immediately obvious at the time of presentation to us, if this is the case we will take steps to inform the client.
• Other problems that may give rise to problems. Alloy parts can become pliable where as in the case of cast alloy distortion may take place during the heating & curing process, should this be the case MSB cannot be held responsible as this is normally due to poor casting materials used.
• In some cases, gassing out (release of gas from alloy parts under heat) can be a problem.
• This normally happens with corroded materials and or poor castings or where corrosion has eaten in to the material. There is no real remedy for this except to allow the product some time to degas under heat in our curing ovens, this does may not work and if this is the case the only alternative with this problem is to wet paint the product. Again, this will reflect in the costs, as the process can be labour intensive.
• If you choose to ignore this advice, MSB will carry out the work at your own risk.
• Warranty will only be for a period of twelve months or at our discretion where gassing out has accused.
• Prices and or estimates do not include charges for any extra repair work necessary to complete the work to a reasonable standard.
• We will contact you to explain should any of the above be the case with your work, and ask how you would like to proceed.
• This document forms a part of out terms & conditions.
• Does not affect your legal statutory rights.
Prices shown are plus vat.
Our Opening Times:
Monday to Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 12.00pm
Closed Bank Holiday weekends
Tel: 01621 841100
Fax: 01621 842233
Unit 2a, Benbridge Industrial Estate,
Heybridge, Maldon, Essex,